Thursday, February 19, 2015

Bend Work

Today's conditioning work consisted of a bend work grid. We only got through the basics of it before I was freezing my southern ass off and before I ran out of dog food. There isn't too much to say about this grid training session tonight. We have had mistakes on this particular grid before but it was when Monster was a puppy. I rushed through it a little bit because it's 30 degrees here which is pretty cold for our area. I am sure there are things I could have done better which is why I left this grid set up for us to repeat tomorrow or this weekend. 


General set up of bend work grid
In Susan's puppy bend work grid (at least the DVD) she used started with only one half of the grid set up. She used jump wings on all 3 jumps and I believe they were spaced closer together than the one we did tonight. When beginning this particular grid, Susan suggested starting with the middle triangle first. We skipped past that part because daylight was going and it was getting cold! I don't think I saw any negative effects that could have been prevented by working the triangle first. I THINK. I may change my feelings tomorrow ;)

Here is a real life view of the puppy version with wings.

We didn't get a chance to move on to the tougher progression but I am hoping we can get there next time. That's really all I've got to say on this post for now!

Progression of bend work grid that I found online (it's in the book too)


No comments:

Post a Comment