Tuesday, August 20, 2013

First Post!

Hi! I started this blog page for myself but others are welcome to read. I am trying to find a way to keep track of my experience in the constantly evolving world of dog agility. I have 3 dogs: Punch, a 14 month old JRT mix, Monster, a 2 yr old Spitz/Staffy mix, and Shawty, a ~9 yr old JRT. Shawty is the inspiration for my introduction to the world of agility. We were really just doing it for funsies and I was "bit by the bug"and have been competing for the past 3 years. Monster has been to a a few trials but his career has really just begun and still needs some fine tuning. Punch is technically old enough to start trialing now but we have MANY skills to work on before that time comes. 

I have set and reset my goals with my dogs numerous times. Some times I reset my goals because of my own personal preferences, some times because others have inspired me, and some times because of economical restraints. 

At this time, my economic status is preventing my goals with my dogs but that's ok! I think, in a way, life is steering me in the right direction. You must learn to walk before you can run and there are plenty of skills the dogs and I can work on before excelling to the next level in our game. Could I make it to USDAA nationals with 1 or 2 of my dogs the way they are now? Probably. But the reward wouldn't feel as great because I haven't put the work into my dogs that I should. 

I have created (sort of) goal sheets for each of my dogs. The sheets definitely need some tweaking but I will only know where the tweaking is needed once I begin using them. Suggestions from readers are welcome!

So, this post is really an intro for me and I will be posting often (hopefully!).

Inspiration for the day: Don't You Dare Steal My Joy

-Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment